Mission Statement and Vision
The Hamilton County Department of Education is dedicated to helping ALL students reach their highest potential. Our mission is to ensure that ALL students succeed.
Our vision entails giving students the skills and resources they need to be productive citizens in society. We strive to provide students with options upon graduation from high school: the option to go to post-secondary education, the option to go into the workforce or the option to seek some type of alternative training.
Hamilton County, under the leadership of Superintendent Mr. Rick Smith, has adopted a Strategic Plan that guides the district toward excellence. This plan is based on several core goals:
- Increase Student Achievement
- Reduce Dropout Rates
- Increase Graduation Rates
- Increase ACT Scores
- Increase the number of students taking AP classes
- Increase the number of students who participate in school activities
- Spend adequate dollars at school sites focused on instruction
- Increase the number of students who attend college
These goals, and the processes, procedures and programs to achieve them, are outlined in the Strategic Plan 2011.
Follow the links below to see Progress Reports on achieving stated Strategic Plan goals.