Online registration open now for returning students
Posted on 05/07/2019

Online registration is available now to update student record information for current students in Hamilton County Schools returning for the 2019-2020 school year. The registration window will be open until June 7, 2019. If your child attended a school in Hamilton County Schools in 2018-2019 and will be attending a Hamilton County school next school year, your child will need to be enrolled as a returning student. Parents are asked to log into the system to check each child’s information and make sure it is correct to begin the new school year. No code for registering returning students is required this year.


Visit the PowerSchool Parent Portal to enroll your child for the 2019 – 2020 school year. 
Note: The PowerSchool Parent Portal is available in English and Español.

From the Parent Portal:

  1. Sign in with your user name and password.

  2. Select the student you wish to re-register along the top

  3. Select the Student Registration Icon on the left side for 2019-2020.

  4. Agree to the terms and conditions

  5. Click Begin Forms

View the Parent Portal Instructions, or contact your school  for information.


Returning students will need to provide two proofs residency:

Residency documents - Zoning Information

  • Lease, Mortgage or Deed and one of the below items:
    • Utility bills  (gas, water, electric) within the last 30-60 days
    • Insurance (home, health, life)
    • Government documents

Shared Residence Documents

  • Homeowner or lease holder will provide two proofs of the above residency documents
  • Parent/guardian will need to provide:
    • One document showing you no longer live at the previous address.
      Examples of a document may be:
      •  Termination of a lease
      •  Final electric, water or gas bill
      •  Change of address from the Post Office.
    • Two different pieces of mail (no junk mail), that has your name with the address of the homeowner/lease holder within the last 30 – 60 days.

Examples of a document may be:

  • DHS
  • Government papers
  • Insurance
  • Bank statement
  • Employment

Confirm if your child requires bus transportation at the time of registration. Please note, transportation is only provided for zoned and Magnet Schools, not for Future Ready InstitutesOpen Enrollment Schools or hardship transfers.