Worker Handing Student TrayWe're hiring!

The cafeterias have immediate openings at the following locations:

 School Hrs/Day   School  Hrs/Day
Alpine Crest Elem   Hixson High
Apison Elem 5.5     Hixson Middle
 Bess T. Shepherd 4.75    Howard High (2)
 Brainerd High 5.5    McConnell Elem 5
 Brown Academy 5.75 
  Nolan (2)
Central High
   Normal Park   5.75 
 Clifton Hills (2)
   Red Bank Elem (2)
East Brainerd Elem 5.5   Red Bank Middle
 East Brainerd Elem  5.75    Red Bank High 
 East Hamilton (3) 5.75    Signal Mountain M/H (3) 5.75
 East Lake Elementary 5.75    Soddy Daisy High
 East Side Elem 5.25
  Tyner High Academy
 East Side Elem 5.5 
   Tyner Middle 5.75
 East Side Elem  5.75
    Westview 5.5

Visit the Classified Job Board to view job details and to apply.


Meal Prices

The following meal prices are for the current school year.

Student Prices Full Pay Reduced Free Second Meal
Breakfast $2.00 $0.30 $0.00 $2.75 
 Lunch $3.00 $0.40 $0.00 $4.25 


Adult Prices HCDE Employee Visitor

 Breakfast $2.75 $3.00
 Lunch $4.25 $5.00


Meal Accounts

Students have a General Account and a Meal Account that may be used for making purchases, and parents can choose which account money is put in. You may put money into both accounts if you wish to restrict how much your child may spend on a la carte items. When sending in cash or checks with your child, please specify how you would like the money to be applied.

  • General Account: Money in this account may be used to purchase meals or a la carte items, and is the default account unless specified otherwise by a parent.
  • Meal Account: Money in this account can only be used to purchase meals.  A la carte items may not be purchased with funds deposited into this account.

Online Meal Account Payments

My Payments Plus LogoFor your convenience, you may monitor and manage your student's account through My Payments Plus. You will need to set up an account using your child's name and student ID number, which can be found by contacting your school's office or cafeteria manager. Please note that the student ID number is typically a 5 digit number, and the cafeteria adds a "9" to the front of it to create the PIN number the student uses at checkout. When signing up for My Payments Plus, you will only use the 5 digit number (drop the "9").

Example: If the student PIN is 912345, you will enter 12345 in My Payments Plus.

Monitoring their purchases and account balance is free, however, a fee of 4.75% is charged if you choose to deposit money to your child's account.

Hamilton County Charge Policy

Please be sure that your student has money available to purchase meals and additional items. Please be aware that high school students may only charge meals up to $40.  Additionally, no student may charge a la carte purchases. Please review the HCDE Charge Procedures for further information.

Additional Resources

What is the School Lunch Program?
What is the School Breakfast Program?
Does Hamilton County have a Summer Feeding Program?

USDA Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.